KUZU COCONUT PUDDING
Comforting Coconut Kuzu Pudding
Recipe by Tricia Williams, executive chef and founder of Food Matters NYC
Kudzu root can be used to treat anxiety because of the calming effect on the body. In addition, it can also be used to treat motility issues like acid reflux, and is helpful for the recovery process from alcohol addiction. Tricia is also currently using it with clients who have flare ups for Colitis, as it’s great for indigestion too.
- ⅓ cup water
- 2-1/2 tablespoons kudzu powder
- 1¾ cups coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ vanilla bean
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place water and kudzu powder into a saucepan. Whisk until powder is dissolved.
- Add coconut milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla bean scrapings and sea salt.
- Place over medium heat. Whisk often.
- When mixture comes to a slow boil, remove from heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour into ramekins or desired serving cups. Chill in refrigerated for 2 hours before serving.