HEALTHY DELICIOUS WEEK DAY DINNER
SHIITAKE FRIED RICE
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup diced extra-firm tofu, patted dry
- 1 cup thinly sliced (fresh or dried) shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely sliced cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoon miso tamari
- 3 cups cold cooked long-grain white rice
- 4 tablespoons chopped scallions
For dried mushrooms, add the shrooms to a bowl and add 2 cups of water. Let it sit for 20 minutes. Drain and slice into pieces. Set aside.
For fresh mushrooms, simply rinse and slice into pieces. Set aside.
Heat a pan over low-medium heat. Add sesame oil.
Once it's hot, add ginger + garlic + onion. Stir and saute until the onions are translucent.
Add the sliced mushrooms. cabbage, carrot, and parsley (reserve a little for garnish). Stir and cook for 4-5 minutes over the same low-medium heat.
Add soy sauce, salt, pepper, paprika, and vegetable broth (if using). Stir and cook for 2 minutes (4-5 minutes if you're using veggie broth).
Next, add the cooked rice and mix well.
Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with freshly chopped parsley, finely sliced green onions and black sesame seeds and serve.
Find more recipes on our partner site at www.realwasabi.com